Tuesday 21 February 2012

Cheap and Cheerful


Hello! I’m well aware its been weeks since I last posted, but honestly, nothing exciting seems to have happened anyway! Post-Berlin I managed to get rather ill (clearly 48458385 layers of thermal clothing was not enough!) and lethargic, and my finances have taken a bit of a blow, too. Any new purchases recently have been essentials, the rest of my money I’ve spent on coffees and lunches with my nearest and dearest- the best way to spend money!

That said, there really is something to be said for retail therapy, and today in Superdrug I couldn’t resist buying some new lipsticks- particularly when they cost the princely sum of £1 each, by MUA. I’ve never tried MUA make-up before but a few blogs I read have regularly mentioned the products, and, well, for £1 they definitely have proved a bargain buy.

I purchased lipsticks in shade 1 and shade 5, as well as lipgloss shade 4, which proved ridiculously difficult to photograph but in reality is a lovely pinky-gold, very wearable. As an aside, I wish MUA would name their cosmetics! Its such a small thing to do but (for me at least) makes such a difference! I will absolutely never understand why Kate Moss has named her lipstick range for Rimmel in numerical order, it just seems like lack of effort! Anyway, that’s just a shallow, surface criticism, because actually, I’m pretty damn impressed by my purchases.  

 Shade 1 is the deep red, Shade 5 the pink with silvery shimmer. All pictures were taken without flash, although the pictures on the bottom are more accurate to the lipsticks real shade!

I quickly tried on the two and both impressed. Shade 5, once applied, looks more like a lipgloss than a lipstick, and is a great deal more sheer than it appears in the tube. Shade 1 is not quite as deeply crimson, but is still resolutely a good staple blue-red.Both lipsticks don't have any kind of scent, which I personally don't mind but I'm sure some of you will miss the creamy sweet scents of more expensive products. Most importantly, both applied well straight from the tube and although I've yet to test their longevity both felt smooth on my lips- I have dry lips and I don't think MUA lipsticks will make them worse unlike some other brands I've tried (Revlon lipsticks- I'm looking at you!!!).

 Although MAC lipsticks remain my favourite I'm not particularly loyal to any other brand, and for such a great price MUA lipsticks are worth buying! I'll probably wear both during the day and save my favourites for nighttime :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment